The Experienced Leon Springs Roof Repair Company
In Leon Springs, your home’s roof is one of the most important tools for keeping outside elements out of your home. Repair any roofing issues early to avoid the costs of replacing your roof.
Should You Repair Your Roof?
Annual roof inspections help identify problems early so they don’t turn into major issues. Be on the lookout for these signs during your assessment. They may indicate repairs are sufficient:
- Paint is peeling underneath overhangs of the roof
- The ceiling has sections that are darker than usual
- The furnace or water heater shows signs of water stains on venting pipes
- Blistering, buckling, or curling shingles are visible
- Skylight, chimney, and pipes show signs of wear and tear
- Cracked caulking or rust spots around flashing
- Furnace or venting pipes of water heather have water stains
Leon Springs Roof Repair vs. Roof Replacement
Repair and replacement are similar, but they are not the same. Roof repairs could be as simple as patching a few minor leaks by replacing a handful of shingles. However, a roof replacement means complete removal and replacement with a brand-new roof.
Here are three common things to contemplate when debating between repairing your roof or replacing it:
- Roof Age – Three-tab asphalt shingles have an estimated life expectancy of around 20 years. However, architectural asphalt roofing shingles should last no less than around 30 years. If your roof is reaching the end of its expected life, a replacement may be best.
- Roof Leaks – Minor leaks can usually be solved with simple repairs. However, major, multiple, or long-term leaks probably mean you need to install a new roof.
- Location – In Leon Springs, winters tend to be short, cold, and pretty windy. Such winds may uproot or damage shingles and other materials. To avoid replacing your roof, you should repair these issues immediately.
Pros and Cons of Roof Repair
Here are three benefits of repairing a roof instead of installing a new one:
- Less Costly – New roof installations are generally more expensive than simple repairs. Cost increase even more during winter months.
- Quicker – Because new roofs require more work and time, it’s much simpler and faster to make repairs.
- More Convenient – Having a new roof installed can take days, unlike repairs, which could take as little as a couple of hours.
Here are some drawbacks to repairing your roof instead of getting a new one installed:
- Ineffective Valuation – Because the shingles aren’t being removed, it’s not as easy to fully assess what’s happening underneath them.
- Multiple Layers – If the roof contains two layers of shingles already, based on your area, you may not be allowed to add a third layer.
- Not as Durable – Replacing the entire roof makes the structure more durable than replacing shingles here and there on an older roof.
Rhino Roofers is the Roof Repair Expert You Can Count On
Need professional advice to help you decide between roof repair and roof replacement? Your local professionals at Rhino Roofers are here to assist you. Call (210) 361-7663 or book your free roof inspection online today!