Professional Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Olmos Park
Thinking about adding asphalt shingle roofing to your Olmos Park home? This is the most popular roofing option for Central Texas homeowners. Here’s what to expect when choosing these shingles for your home’s roofing material.
All About Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles are made up of four components, which work together to create a low-cost option for protecting your home and family from rain, wind, sun, and other outdoor elements:
- Fiberglass – A thin fiberglass mat reinforces the shingles along with stable binders and resins
- Asphalt – Fine powdery mineral is mixed in to improve fire and weather resistance.
- Granules – Crushed and screened hard rock reflective granules may be used to increase sun heat energy reflection.
- Sealant – Thermally-activated sealant made of asphalt is applied to bind the shingles together onto your home’s roof.
Types of Shingles
There are various types of shingles for homeowners. We offer three different types of roofing shingles to choose from:
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles – Single shingles cut to resemble three separate pieces. This is a very energy-efficient choice.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles – Add dimension and color to your roof. These have a lifespan that is double that of 3-tab versions. Reflective versions also help lower cooling costs.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles – Cost-efficient slate of cedar roofing. Luxury roofing on a budget.
Pros and Cons of Asphalt Roofing
- Cost – Low-priced, high-quality roofing material for the homeowner on a tight budget
- Variety – Comes in various colors and styles, with some resembling other higher-end roofing materials
- Simple Repairs – Can match shingles to any color, just like mixing paint, so replacing the shingles is simple and fast
- Vulnerable – High winds may cause heavy debris and hail to crack shingles and maybe even warp during high temperatures or other extreme weather conditions
- Shorter Lifespan – Not as long-lasting as some other roofing materials because they are so lightweight
Replacing Shingle Roofs
This roofing material can last anywhere from 20 to 50 years, depending on the type chosen. Proper roof installation and regular maintenance increase your roof’s life. If you have a few shingles missing or damaged, a simple roof repair should be fine.
However, if your roof suffers from major damage, such as multiple leaks or many shingle issues, you need to address this immediately. Also, if your roof is coming close to its warranty or expected life cycle, replacing it is much more efficient than making repeated repairs.
Call Rhino Roofers for Fast, Professional Asphalt Shingle Installation
Thinking about getting a new roof but want to know more about the installation process? We can help put your mind at ease. Watch this video detailing the entire process. Still not sure if you need to install a new roof on your Olmos Park home? Rhino Roofers can do a free evaluation to help you decide. Contact us to book your free roof inspection online today.