The Trusted Cibolo Roof Repair Company
In Cibolo, the roof of your home or business is its first line of defense against the outside elements. If you notice problems, you need to address them immediately. If handled in time, roof repair may be sufficient versus replacing it altogether.
Should You Repair Your Roof?
Inspecting your roof annually helps identify issues early on, so the problem doesn’t worsen over time. Inspecting your roof can be as simple as looking through some binoculars from the ground Here are some signs to look for that indicate repairs may be needed:
- Sections of your ceiling that are darker than others
- Peeling paint under the roof overhangs
- Fireplace edges have areas with dampness
- Water stains on the furnace or water heater venting pipes
- Visible wear and tear around skylights, pipes, and chimney
- Shingles that show signs of blistering, curling, or buckling
- Flashing that has rust spots or cracked caulking
Roof Repair or Roof Replacement?
Although they are related, these two terms have different meanings. Roof repair may include replacing a few shingles to patch up some leaks. On the other hand, a roof replacement involves removing your old roof entirely and installing a brand-new one.
- Roof Age – Three-tab asphalt shingles should last about 20 years, while architectural asphalt roofing shingles are expected to last about 30 years. If your roof is close to its estimated life expectancy, it may be more cost-effective to install a new roof.
- Leaky Roof – If you have minor leaks in your roof, repairing it should be sufficient. However, if the leaks are major or there are numerous leaky spots, you may need to replace the roof.
- Location – The winters in Cibolo are known to be cold, short, and quite windy. These winds can cause shingles or other roofing materials to uproot or damage. Fix these issues as soon as possible to avoid having to install a new roof.
Pros and Cons of Repair
- Lower Cost – Repairs are generally much cheaper than roof installations. This is especially true during hotter months, such as in the summer.
- Faster – Roof replacements require a lot of prep work and take time. Repairing your roof is much easier and faster.
- More Convenient – Installing a new roof could take days, leaving you and your family inconvenienced for a while. However, repairs can be completed in a matter of hours, so it’s all over by the end of the day.
- Ineffective Assessment – Not inspecting under shingles could lead to an ineffective evaluation of the situation.
- Multiple Layers – If your roof already has two shingle layers, some areas prohibit adding a third layer.
- Less Durable – Often, replaced shingles are not as durable as a brand-new roof installation.
Rhino Roofers Offers Quality Roof Repair in Cibolo
Still not sure whether to repair or replace your roof? Let Rhino Roofers help you make the best choice for you. Call (210) 361-7663 or book your free roof inspection online!