5 Star Cibolo Metal Roofing Company
Your roof is an essential part of your home. Not only does it protect you from all types of weather, but it also adds personality, curb appeal, and value to your home! With the variety of options available for your roof, it’s essential to work with a skilled and knowledgeable contractor who can guide you through installing and repairing your roof. Rhino Roofers has the tools and expertise necessary to help you achieve a roof that’s safe and stylish.
Everything You Need to Know About Metal Roofing
Metal roofs can be made from various materials, including steel, zinc, copper, and aluminum. The three main styles are:
- Metal shingles are similar to traditional asphalt shingles, but they’re made of metal. They are a versatile option as they can be designed to resemble other shingle types. They can also be painted.
- Standing seam panel uses flat sheets of metal that are joined together with raised seams. The joints are locked together, and the edges are folded over, creating a watertight seal and a polished finish.
- Corrugated metal utilizes flat panels of corrugated metal as the roof covering. While corrugated metal is more commonly used on commercial buildings, it can lend an appealing urban vibe to residential homes.
Why Choose a Metal Roof?
Due to increasing availability and improved manufacturing, metal roofs have become an increasingly popular option for homeowners in the last several years. Advantages of metal roofs include:
- Durable. Metal roofing is impervious to mildew, rot, and insect damage. According to the Metal Construction Association, metal roofing does not increase the chance of a lightning strike, and, in fact, it’s virtually fireproof.
- Long-lasting. Metal roofs can last 50+ years which is 2-3 times longer than other roofing materials. For some homeowners, that could mean a metal roof is the last one they’ll ever need to install!
- Cost-effective. The cost of installing a metal roof is more than traditional roofing materials. Still, because metal roofs last significantly longer, they are more economical over the long term. Plus, many insurance companies offer reduced rates to homeowners with metal roofs.
- Eco-friendly. Metal roofs contain at least 25% recycled material and are fully recyclable at the end of their usable life.
- Adaptable installation. If Cibolo building codes allow, metal roofs can actually be installed over existing asphalt shingles, which can eliminate the cost of removing them. Metal roofs can also be installed on roofs with low slopes.
One disadvantage to a metal roof is that a rainstorm or hail may sound louder than normal. The noise level can be reduced by properly insulating your roof, so choosing a roofing contractor with metal roofing experience is important.
Metal Roofing That Lasts for Years with Rhino Roofers
While any type of roofing installation or repair should be done by a professional, it’s imperative for metal roofing as it requires specialized skills. With their decades of experience and emphasis on customer service, Rhino Roofers is the obvious choice for metal roof installation and repair in Cibolo. Contact us today to get started!