5 Star Georgetown Roof Replacement Company
Heavy winds, pouring rain, and sudden hail can all cause massive damage to your roof. From these surprising upsets to newly discovered wear and tear, Georgetown residents can be struck with the sudden need for a roof replacement at any time. The replacement process is a huge, expensive undertaking that you’ll want to be prepared for. With proper planning and a competent contractor, you can make the replacement process as smooth as possible for your family.
Signs Your Roof Needs Replacement
Georgetown homes go through a lot of stress with intense storms and changing humidity. From the interior and exterior, your home might be telling you that it needs a new roof. Whether your roof has suffered sudden damage or has reached the end of its natural lifespan from years of wear, there are some signs that you’re nearing the time to replace it.
- Leaks: Any leak inside the home likely comes from the roof and may hint at unseen water damage.
- Loose granules: Granules on the ground or in your gutters indicate that your shingles are deteriorating.
- Sagging or buckling: Sagging or buckling in your roof usually happens due to age and water damage.
- Mold or fungi growth: Mold, algae, and fungi all thrive in moist conditions and are signs that water has penetrated your roof.
- Lots of previous repairs: With each repair, your roof gets closer and closer to a full replacement. Eventually, they will compound.
- Increasing energy bills: When your roof is in poor repair, it cannot fully insulate your home like it should.
- Age: Most roofs tend to last from 20-25 years. If it has been a while since you replaced your roof, age may prevent you from repairing it.
If you see any of these signs, you’ll want to contact a roofing company to chat about your next steps. Roofers have access to equipment and knowledge that the average homeowner does not. This means they can see the underlying cause of your roof issues and let you know if it’s time for a replacement.
Pros and Cons of Replacing Your Roof
No matter why you’re replacing your roof, it will be a project. From major to minor, you’ll experience some pros and cons while replacing your roof. Here’s what to expect.
- Your home’s value will increase.
- Curb appeal can increase by 40%.
- You won’t have compounding expenses from repeated repairs.
- You can make a more energy-efficient home, lowering your energy bills and extending the life of your HVAC system.
- Roof replacement is a major disturbance. You may need to live elsewhere until the replacement has finished.
- Compared to repairs, roof replacement is expensive.
- There are more chances for a roof replacement’s timeline to be extended.
Especially with a project as expensive as a roof replacement, look for a roofing company that’s dedicated to giving you a positive experience and a stress-free process. Rhino Roofers brings over a century of combined experience to Georgetown homeowners. Schedule a free 37-point inspection on our website today and learn how Rhino Roofers can support your roofing needs.