The #1 Shavano Park Roof Repair Company
Many property owners dread the expense of a full replacement when their roof needs work. Thankfully, if your roof is salvageable, making prompt repairs will extend the life of your existing roof and keep your home or business safe. Knowing when roof repair will suffice can be a challenge for most property owners. When your roof isn’t keeping your home safe from the elements, turn to your roofer.
Making a Thorough Roof Inspection
Homes in Shavano Park are especially at risk for damage from severe weather. After each incident, inspecting your roof for possible damage is important. Being aware of the condition of your home, from roof to foundation, helps you figure out the right time to call in a professional roofer.
When you’re checking out the exterior of your home for damage, you’ll want to look at it from the ground, up close, and far away. When viewing the whole roof, look for missing shingles or warped areas to indicate damage. If you look through binoculars or a camera with great zoom, it’s easier to see black spots indicating hail damage.
The exterior isn’t the only part of your home that gives clues about your roof’s condition. On the interior, it’s important to check out your ceilings, walls, and HVAC system for water damage. Water damage will look like dark stains or spots.
Repair Vs. Replacement: Finding the Right Solution
If your roof isn’t in great shape, you’ll need to turn to either a repair or replacement. There are quite a few factors to consider when choosing repair or replacement. While an experienced Shavano Park roofer is your best resource, here are some points to think about while making the decision.
Look into Repair If…
- Your roof is relatively new.
- The damage is localized to one area.
- There is only minor wear and tear or a few missing shingles.
Look into Replacement If…
- You’re seeing water damage.
- The roof is older.
- There has been catastrophic damage from weather.
- A roofer has advised replacement.
The Good and the Bad of Roof Repair
Let’s say you’ve decided that repair is the right choice for your roof. While often more minor than a replacement, there are still some things to consider when repairing your roof.
- Repair is a less expensive option that prolongs the life of your roof.
- With prompt action, repairs usually go quickly.
- The extra time with your existing roof means you can save up for a future replacement.
- Minor roof fixes can add up over time.
- Repairs will likely come with a shorter warranty than a full roof replacement.
- A repair could miss larger, unseen damage.
Call Rhino Roofers for Shavano Park Roof Repairs
A good roof is the best way to protect your investment and ensure your Shavano Park property is as safe as possible. When you’re looking for help, turn to Rhino Roofers’ team of professionals. We will give you solutions and make the repair or replacement process seamless. Call today for a free 37-point inspection.