Top Rated Seguin Asphalt Shingle Roofing Service & Installation
Is your Seguin home or building in need of a new roof? Then, it’s time to research the best material choices for your style and budget. Rhino Roofers is here to help you understand more about asphalt shingle roofing.
What is a Shingle Roof?
This type of roof is made using shingles, which are rectangular, flat material pieces used to replace or repair old roofs or install new ones. Most roofing shingles are made using asphalt, composite or other materials.
There are three major types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-Tab Shingles – This is the cheapest option. Each shingle is designed to look like three individual pieces. Generally, they are installed flat against the roof installation itself.
- Architectural Shingles – These shingles last longer than 3-tab shingles and perform much better. They are thicker and not as uniform, giving your roof a more dimensional appearance.
- Premium Shingles – These shingles are a pricier option for a shingle roof. Premium asphalt material is a luxury-style material that gives your roof a high-end look when slate or cedar roofs are desired.
Pros and Cons of Shingle Roofs
Here are some of the pros of using asphalt shingles for your roof:
- More Affordable – Asphalt shingles are one of the industry’s most affordable materials for roofs. If you’re a property owner on a strict budget, this is an outstanding option for your roof.
- Fast Installation – This material is lightweight and easier to cut than other materials, making it simpler to install. No special tools or excessive prepping is required, so a professional installation takes no time at all.
- Styles – These shingles come in various styles, so they are great for many homes and building types. In the Seguin community, the laminated and three-tab versions are quite popular.
Below you will find some of the cons of installing an asphalt shingle roof:
- Less Durable – Strong winds may cause asphalt shingles to crack or become detached. Therefore, they don’t tend to last as long as pricier roofing materials.
- Timing – This material may not be an option if you need to replace your roof during the winter months. Freezing temperatures can cause them to become damaged during the installation.
- Less Unique – An asphalt shingle roof can improve the overall look of your structure. However, asphalt shingles aren’t unique, so your home won’t stand out from the rest.
Replacing Shingle Roofs
Depending on the shingle type you choose, your new asphalt roof couple has a life expectancy of 20-50 years. The best ways to ensure your roof lasts as long as possible is with professional installation, maintaining it regularly, and getting on-time inspections.
Roofs that are 20+ years old should be replaced, especially if there’s significant damage. Newer roofing materials are more eco-friendly while keeping out elements and sunlight better, which saves you money over time.
Call Rhino Roofers for Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Seguin, TX
Rhino Roofers provides five-star services to our Seguin customers. We’ll inspect your roof for free and help you decide on the best material. Give us a call or schedule a free roof inspection online today!
Providing roofing services in Seguin and the following zip code: 78123, 78155, 78156