Top Rated Alamo Heights Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services
When you need a new roof over your commercial building or home in Alamo Heights, TX, you must think carefully about the roofing material you choose. Rhino Roofers can help you review the available options, including asphalt shingles, so that you make an informed decision.
Asphalt Shingles: Classic and Reliable
Asphalt shingles are layered rectangular pieces made of a base mat, waterproof asphalt in the middle, and ceramic granules. They protect the roof from the harsh rays of the sun and other inclement weather.
Asphalt shingles are generally divided into three distinct types:
- 3-tab asphalt shingles. These are the most affordable type of shingles; after installation, one gets the impression that they are three distinct pieces.
- Architectural shingles. These are heavier, more multi-dimensional in appearance, and more expensive when compared to 3-tab shingles. They offer better curb appeal for your Alamo Heights, TX home or property.
- Luxury or premium shingles. If you want shingles that will make your home stand out in the upscale Alamo Heights locale, premium shingles are the ones for you. They are costlier, but you get superior quality, durability, curb appeal, and potentially lower home insurance premiums.
Choosing asphalt shingles for your roofing project comes with several benefits:
- Affordability. Asphalt shingles are some of the more affordable roofing materials available, especially if you are on a budget. The exact price varies depending on the type of shingle you choose, with 3-tab shingles being the most affordable and premium or luxury shingles being the most costly.
- Ease of installation. Shingles are easy to install, and the project can be completed much sooner than if another material, such as slate, were used. This reduced installation time contributes to the affordability of getting a shingles roof in Alamo Heights.
- Aesthetics. Asphalt shingles come in various styles and colors, and you are sure to get what suits your taste, whether you go for the stunning premium shingles or pick a unique color for architectural asphalt shingles.
However, shingled roofs also have their drawbacks, including:
- Limited durability. The expected lifespan of shingled roofs can be anywhere from 15-50 years, depending on the specific shingles selected, how they were installed, and the completed maintenance during their service life. This expected lifespan is short compared to metal roofs, which can last a hundred or more years.
- Sensitivity to cold during installation. Experienced roofers like Rhino Roofers know to avoid installing asphalt shingles roofs during frigid weather because this material can easily be damaged.
- Less variety. Asphalt shingles don’t widely differ from each other, so your home is unlikely to look much different from others with this roof.
Your Premier Alamo Heights Asphalt Shingle Services
If your roof is around 20 years old, has cracked, curled, or missing shingles, or has lost a lot of the protective granules on its surface, contact Rhino Roofers ASAP for a free inspection and recommendations. Our team will discuss your options with you and generate a free quote. We are ready to take on your roofing project.