Professional Hutto Asphalt Shingle Roofing
With old-world charm and one hippo statue for every eight people, Hutto is one of the fastest-growing communities on the outskirts of Austin. With their unique architectural details and quirky vibes, this town’s 19th-century storefronts and modern homes each deserve a different kind of consideration when it comes to upkeep. Whether you’re looking to preserve an older building or protect new construction, a high-quality set of shingles will keep your home or business in good shape.
Shingles Below the Surface
While we see shingles all the time, most people aren’t aware of how they’re made. Every asphalt shingle contains three materials. The fiberglass mat is a strong base. Once coated in adhesive, the colored granules provide more structure and unique color to the shingle. There are three types of shingles your roofer will likely offer.
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: A flat sheet of three shingles, three-tab shingles are the most affordable option most roofers offer.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Architectural shingles are a middle ground, with added protection and a more dimensional look than three-tab shingles.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: In towns with old-world charm like Hutto, premium asphalt shingles can contribute to the beautiful structures of the past by giving your home the look of a wood shake or slate roof for a fraction of the price.
Making an Informed Roofing Choice
Shingled roofing is prevalent for a reason. They’re a quality choice, no matter which style suits your home. While most homeowners will opt for shingles when choosing a new roof, it’s still important to consider some of the pros and cons of a shingled roof.
- With endless colors and new styles, shingles have a huge aesthetic variety.
- Shingles can be treated to prevent mold and mildew.
- The value and lifespan received for the money spent are a great balance.
- The makeup of shingles is constantly adapting to offer more impact and fire resistance.
- Shingles are common, so your home may not stand out.
- Even with treatment, shingles are prone to water damage.
- Shingles will probably need to be repaired more and replaced sooner than roofing made of other materials.
- Other materials naturally offer more protection for your home.
Preserving Your Home's Roof
Especially in historic areas, keeping your roof in good condition preserves your home’s integrity and character. No matter how quickly you get repairs, every roof has a lifespan. Let’s explore some signs that your roof is ready for replacement.
- You see rust on your flashing.
- Shingles are missing or cracked.
- There are signs of water damage like warping, buckling, mold, or algae growth.
- You see visible rot on your roof.
- The roof is over twenty years old.
In a town like Hutto, you want your roofing company to understand how important it is to preserve the things that make your home or business unique. With years of experience and a commitment to customer service, Rhino Roofers has the tools to keep your space looking its best while protecting your home from wind, hail, and rain. Call today to schedule a free 37-point inspection with one of our qualified roofers.