Top Rated South Austin Roof Repair Company
Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against the elements, such as rain, snow, heat, and wind. But everyday wear and tear can take its toll. Rhino Roofers is South Austin’s first choice for any and all roofing needs, including roof repair!
Does my roof need to be repaired?
Quickly identifying and repairing roof leaks is important to protecting your home from moisture and damage. Telltale signs of roof damage can include:
- Cracked or broken shingles
- Missing shingles or tiles
- Bruises or dents
- Significant asphalt granule loss
- Large patches of moss or algae
- Cracked or rusty flashing
- Water stains on the ceiling
- Mold or mildew in your attic
Repair vs. Replacement
Rhino Roofers can perform a comprehensive, 37-point drone-assisted roof inspection and help you decide if your roof needs a repair or a full replacement. We believe in open communication and providing honest, professional roofing advice. When choosing between a repair and a replacement, you should consider questions such as:
- When was my roof installed? Your roof’s integrity depends both on its age and the material. Different materials have different life expectancies.
- Asphalt shingles : 15-30 years
- Wood shingles : 30 years
- Clay tiles : 50+ years
- Metal : 50+ years
- Slate tiles : 50-100 years
South Austin’s hot climate can be especially rough on asphalt shingles. A roof repair can’t extend your roof’s lifetime but can help it reach it.
- Is my roof still under warranty? Depending on your roof’s warranty, the repair cost may be covered! If you’re unsure of your roof’s warranty, you can contact the roofing company that installed the roof, reach out to your home’s previous owner, or request the building permit from South Austin’s local governing body if all else fails.
- How extensive is my roof’s problem? Everyday wear and tear usually result in small, isolated issues that can be fixed with a repair. Severe weather events, however, can cause large, systemic problems. To determine the extent of the damage, it’s important to consult with a professional contractor such as Rhino Roofers to determine how much work is needed.
The Pros and Cons of Roof Repairs
The biggest benefits to choosing roof repair are the cost and the quick turnaround. A repair usually costs less than a full roof replacement and can give you the extra time you may need to save for a future roof replacement. As repairs are smaller scale, they can be accomplished much faster than a replacement and will quickly get your home back in working condition.
There are some drawbacks to a roof repair to consider. A repair is an excellent solution for simple problems, but it can be less effective if you have more complex issues. In addition, roof repairs won’t come with a new warranty.
Rhino Roofers Gets the Job Done
Don’t settle for a quick fix if you have a leaky roof. Save yourself the hassle and stress of trying to do it yourself – call us today! We will assess and repair your roof, so you don’t have to!