Austin’s Leading Asphalt Shingle Roofers
A 5-star experience for you and your roof!
The Top-Rated Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services in Austin
The most preferred roofing option in Austin is asphalt shingle roofs. They are durable, reliable, and cost-effective. You have many options when it comes to asphalt shingles. We can help you find the right fit for your home, no matter what color you prefer or how it looks like.
Rhino Roofers is the Austin roofer you can depend on. We’re here to answer any questions you may have and to help narrow down options that will work best for your home and your budget. Our team is the best of the best — you’ll be thrilled with your new roof.
Call us today at (512) 361-7663 to schedule a free consultation. Learn more about our asphalt roofing services and all the options available for your home. We also specialize in a variety of roofing systems from metal to tile roofing.
We offer a variety of asphalt shingles so that you can choose the right roof for your home. Rhino Roofers has been certified by Owens Corning Platinum roofing. Malarkey Emerald Pro is also Malarkey Pro certified. These certifications require that our team stays current with the most recent roofing technologies from our suppliers. They also allow us to offer longer warranties for you, our customer.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
Three-tab shingles are the most common of asphalt shingles, classified by their cutouts which make them look like three separate pieces. They’re affordable, lightweight, easy to maintain, energy efficient, and are a solid roofing option.
For more color options and dimension to your roof, architectural shingles are a great choice. They enhance curb appeal and also have double the lifespan of three-tab shingles. You’ll often find reflective versions of architectural shingles that help with lowering cooling costs in the summer.
Premium asphalt shingles are a great option if you are looking for a low-budget slate or cedar roof. These premium shingles look just like other roofing materials but are a fraction of their price.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
- Affordable: Asphalt shingles provide a quality roof at the lowest price tag, making them a no-brainer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, you can have a great roof that doesn’t break the bank.
- Style Variety: There is an array of color and style options to choose from with asphalt shingles. Depending on your budget, you can even choose shingles that look like other materials.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple, cost-effective, and straightforward to install. Like paint, you can color-match your shingles, even if they are discontinued. As long as you find a roofer who knows what they’re doing, your roof can last over 20 years!
- Shortest Lifespan: Out of all the roofing options out there, asphalt shingle roofs have the shortest lifespan of at least 20 years. Homeowners who plan on staying in their homes for more than 20 years will likely have to budget for a roof replacement at some point.
- Susceptible to Weather and Impact: Shingles can easily crack from impact, including hail or heavy debris blowing around in high winds. Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can also cause warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Shingle Roof FAQs
For a 3500 sq. foot roof, the average roof cost in our region is $12,500. Your choice of asphalt shingles for your roof will determine the final cost. It also depends on how big your house is.
Your new asphalt roof will last 20 to 50 years depending on which asphalt shingle type you choose. Your roof will last as long as it can with proper installation and regular maintenance.
You may consider a new roof if you see any visible damage to your roof, or if your last roof replacement was more than 20 years ago. Call us for a free roof inspection. We’ll tell you how long your roof can last. We will be glad to discuss different roofing options with you so that you’re ready when it comes time to replace your roof.