Top Rated Shavano Park Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services
As one of the best places to live in Texas, Shavano Park is a haven for those who long for a place with a rural feel that they can call home. Its charm notwithstanding, Shavano Park, like all of Central Texas, is prone to some weather extremes, and this can take a toll on the roof over your property. When that happens, Rhino Roofers is here to help you make sense of roofing shingles and other options available to replace the existing roof.
Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material in Shavano Park and Central Texas. They are a composite of a base mat upon which a water-resistant asphalt layer is placed, which is itself topped by ceramic granules for added protection from the elements.
Asphalt shingles come as 3-tab shingles (the most basic form), architectural shingles (the higher step up), and luxury or premium shingles (the Rolls Royce of shingles). These three differ in cost (3-tab shingles are the most affordable, followed by architectural shingles and premium shingles). They also vary in terms of durability, strength, and visual appeal, with premium shingles coming out on top in all these attributes.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles are popular in Shavano Park, TX for the many advantages they have, including:
- Affordability. Asphalt shingles are affordable to buy and install. From budget shoppers building rental properties to those with a more flexible budget, shingles are a cost-effective roofing option.
- Extensive variety. With over a hundred colors and multiple styles to choose from, asphalt shingles give every property owner exactly what they are looking for.
- Hassle-free installation. Shingles are easy to install, and the project takes a short time to be completed. Replacing missing or damaged shingles is even easier and faster.
As is the case with all good things, asphalt shingles have some disadvantages that property owners in Shavano Park, Texas need to be aware of. They include:
- A shorter lifespan. Asphalt shingles generally last for about 20 years, with factors like attic ventilation, professional installation, and regular maintenance determining their lifespan.
- Susceptibility to adverse weather and impact. Strong winds can dislodge the shingles, and hail is particularly brutal on these roofing shingles.
Replacing Shingled Roofs
Not every roof in Shavano Park, Texas that shows signs of damage needs to be replaced. The degree of the damage, how old the roof is, your budget and so many other factors all contribute to whether repairs are sufficient, or a total replacement is the best way to go. A professional roofer can determine if your roof needs replacement.
Call Rhino Roofers for the Best Roofing in Texas
Does your roof need repair? Call Rhino Roofers, the preferred roofing company in Shavano Park and the whole of Central Texas for a free inspection. We will discuss our findings and help you decide which asphalt shingles are suitable if a replacement is deemed necessary. With over 130 years of combined experience in roofing, you can trust us to deliver outstanding quality and service.