Fair Oaks Asphalt Shingle Roofing Installation
Asphalt roofing shingles are very popular throughout Texas for various reasons, like their ability to withstand harsh weather conditions and affordability. Given that different types of shingles are ideal for different roofing purposes, it pays to do your homework before hiring a roofing contractor in Fair Oaks Ranch, TX. Rhino Roofers is the go-to San Antonio, TX roofing company; our clients depend on us for reliable asphalt shingles and other roofing services.
Are You Considering Shingle Roofing?
Here are the three basic types of asphalt shingles to choose from:
- 3-Tab Asphalt Shingles: These are the most common, and they derive their name from their appearance. They look like three distinct pieces. 3-Tab Asphalt shingles are low-cost, energy-efficient, relatively easy to maintain, and lightweight.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Architectural Asphalt shingles are a step up from three-tab shingles as they can last almost twice as long. They significantly boost the home’s visual appeal, and reflective versions offer better energy savings during the hot Texas summers.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: If you want a shingles roof that looks like slate or cedar, premium asphalt shingles are the option. Though a little pricier, they give your Fair Oaks Ranch, TX home a touch of luxury that will enhance curb appeal.
Asphalt shingles vary in cost, longevity, wind ratings, esthetics, and warranties. Premium shingles are at the top of those parameters, followed by architectural shingles and three-tab asphalt shingles. If you aren’t sure which one is right for you, talk to Rhino Roofers. We will go into the details to help determine which one is better suited to your needs.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles have several pros, including:
- Easy installation
- Low-maintenance costs
- Variety (color, style)
- Can be treated to be mildew- and mold-resistant
- Varying levels of fire resistance
However, there are some potential shortcomings:
- Susceptible to damage by high winds
- Inadequate attic ventilation can shorten their service life
- Can look scarred when exposed to high temperatures
- Their lifespan is relatively short compared to other roofing materials
Should You Replace Your Shingle Roof?
If your current asphalt roof in Fair Oaks Ranch, TX is at least 20 years old, has missing shingles, or is leaking, you might want to talk to Rhino Roofers ASAP about a roof replacement. A damaged or aging roof no longer gives your home or business the protection it needs. Extensive hail damage may also call for a complete replacement rather than repairs.
Asphalt shingles roofs typically last between 20-50 years, depending on the specific variety and how well the roof is maintained.
Fair Oaks Asphalt Shingle Roofing You Can Trust
Contact Rhino Roofers today if you are considering installing an asphalt shingles roof for your home or business in Fair Oaks Ranch, TX. Our experienced team will inspect your existing roof and discuss the available options so you can choose what’s best for your needs. We also offer services related to other roofing materials and types, so let us be your partners on all things roofing.