5 Star Clarksville Roof Replacement Company
Has your roof been crying out for help? Wondering if you should get it repaired or replace it with a new one? Well, that depends on how much you’re willing to spend and the roof’s current condition. You can perform a DIY roof inspection or call your local Clarksville roofing contractors for a free evaluation. Rhino Roofers serves homeowners and commercial real estate owners throughout Central Texas.
Should You Replace Your Roof?
When your roof loses functionality, your real estate’s value declines. A functional roof protects your building from Texas high winds and storms. It also improves your curb appeal, which also improves value. Inspecting your roof for damage regularly can help cut costs by catching minor problems before they become major.
However, if the damage covers more than 30% of your roof, it’s time to replace it. A newer roof also saves money by cutting cooling and heating costs while protecting your property from outdoor elements, including bad weather and pests. Newer roofing materials come in a wider variety of styles and colors too!
8 Signs You Need a New Roof
A DIY roof inspection will help you determine the roof’s current condition. These are some signs that you probably need a roof replacement:
- The attic shows signs of leaks, such as wet spots
- Roof droops or sags in one or more areas
- Shingles or tiles bend or buckle
- Cooling or heating bills are unusually high
- The roof is nearing or past its life expectancy
- Compromised or missing flashing
- Clear signs of moss, fungi, mildew, or mold
- The roof continuously leaks
Pros and Cons of Seeking a Roof Replacement
For a full roofing makeover, go with a new roof installation. But if you’re on a tight budget, functionality is your main goal. Don’t waste money getting your roof repaired over and over when a replacement is your only answer. Inspect your roof. And if you’re still unsure, get a professional roof evaluation as soon as possible.
An evaluation helps you understand what percentage of your roof has damage. Your contractor will discuss your roofing solution options and help you make the right choice. Until then, here are some pros and cons of installing a new roof:
- Improves property which increases its value
- Creates better aesthetics and curb appeal
- Increases roof’s overall life expectancy
- Lowers energy costs for heating and cooling building
- Makes it simpler to tackle bigger, hidden issues
- More costly than roof repairs
- More time-consuming than a repair job
- More materials and labor are required than with repair projects