Professional Clarksville Asphalt Shingle Roofing
At Rhino Roofers, we understand how passionate you are about Clarksville. We also know how much you care about your home. In a town full of thriving businesses and gorgeous architecture, it’s never a bad time to think about the state of your roof. Choosing a stylish, affordable, and durable shingle ensures that your business or home stays protected and looks good for years to come.
What are Asphalt Shingles?
Asphalt shingles are rectangular, flat pieces of material with fiberglass backing. An asphalt adhesive is applied to keep the granules in place, which gives your roof extra protection and beautiful color.
There are three different styles of asphalt shingles to choose from:
- 3-Tab: These are the cheapest and least durable option. They are flat and uniform in size and shape, with a wind resistance rating of approximately 60 mph.
- Architectural: A more durable and stylish shingle than the 3-tab with a wind resistance rating of approximately 80 mph to 120mph. This shingle also adds dimensionality to a roof, potentially adding curb appeal to your business or home.
- Luxury: As the name suggests, this is the highest-quality laminated shingle available. Not only do luxury shingles offer supreme protection from the weather, but they also give your roof the sought-after old-world wood shake and quarried slate roofing look.
What are the Pros and Cons of Asphalt?
Of course, there are pros and cons to having an asphalt roof. While a popular choice, it’s important to consider what’s right for your Clarksville building. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- A Balanced Choice: As mentioned, asphalt shingles are a popular choice. In fact, they are the most popular choice in the United States. Asphalt shingles strike a perfect balance between affordability, durability, and style.
- Choice Flexibility: There are many ways to enhance the shingle you choose. Want better hail shielding? Interested in color technologies that reflect the sun and reduce the cost of air conditioning? What about an enhancement that fights the growth of algae? No matter the shingle, these enhancements are available to you!
- The Cons
- Age: Depending on the quality you choose, asphalt shingles typically need replacement after 20 to 50 years. For context, a roof made of slate is expected to last over 150 years.
- Weather: Asphalt shingles are prone to cracking if there are extreme fluctuations in weather, which may lead to your roof potentially needing repairs or replacement before its expected expiration.
Do You Need a New Roof?
Is your roof visibly damaged? Are you experiencing water damage in your business or home? Has it been a while since you’ve had your roof installed? If you answered yes to any of these, it might be time to have it replaced. Having your roof inspected, maintained, and installed by a professional will help ensure your home lasts for years.
At Rhino Roofers, we want to serve the people of Clarksville by providing quality products and five-star customer service. Please give us a call today for a free inspection!