Bulverde, TX Asphalt Shingle Roofing Installation
The vast majority of homes in the United States opt for a shingled roof. Shingled roofing is a tried and true style because it is easy to maintain and withstands the elements, all for one of the most affordable prices in roofing. Coming in many styles and colors, shingles are a great fit for most homes’ style. So, how do you know if shingles are right for your home?
More than Just Asphalt
Shingles may be commonly referred to as asphalt shingles, but they’re made of more than that. The asphalt adhesive attaches a hardy fiberglass mat to outer granules, giving the shingle extra protection and its unique color. Here are some common types of shingles that use these materials.
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: The most common type of shingle, this affordable option is cut in strips to resemble three separate shingles.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Architectural asphalt shingles come in dimensional or laminated styles. They offer twice as much durability as Bulverde’s standard shingles and are becoming more popular.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: Mimicking high-end roofing materials, premium asphalt shingles give a luxury look at a lower cost.
Choosing the Right Roofing Material
Most of the time, homeowners choose shingled roofing when deciding on a replacement roof. However, there are other materials to consider. Compared to other materials, shingled roofing has its pros and cons.
- Custom Colors and Styles: With shingles, you’ll be able to create a custom look and feel for your home.
- Great Durability for Price: Shingles are a great value that offers protection against the elements.
- Standard Services: With a material as common as shingles, almost every roofing contractor can perform repairs well.
- Additional Coatings: You can opt for additional coatings to prevent damage from fire.
- Prone to Weather Damage: Unlike commonly used sheeted materials, shingles are prone to flying off in the wind and weather damage.
- Less Protective: A shingled roof isn’t as impact-resistant as other materials and damages more easily.
- Shorter Lifespan: Typically lasting 20-50 years, all shingled roofs have a shelf-life.
When Does Your Shingle Roofing Need Replacement?
Every shingled roof in Bulverde will eventually need to be replaced. The majority will last 20-50 years before needing a replacement. Whether your roof is aging or has experienced an act of God like a house fire, tornado, or severe storm, a replacement can happen anytime.
Once a roof reaches the 20-year mark, you should have it inspected. Your contractor will tell you when to consider a replacement. There are also several ways to know if you need a replacement without a contractor’s opinion. If you see visible damage to your roof or are getting water damage in your home, replacement should be a consideration.
Bulverde, TX Shingle Roofing You Can Depend On
No matter what type of roof you choose, you’ll want to get the most out of your investment with a knowledgeable roofing contractor. The team at Rhino Roofers has over a century of combined experience installing shingled roofs. For a great experience tailored to your Bulverde home, contact Rhino Roofers for a free inspection today.