Professional West Lake Hills Metal Roofing
The best way to protect your family is to protect your home by installing a sturdy, weatherproof roof! Your roof serves many roles, from acting as a barrier to water to providing insulation against temperature swings. Your roof is also important in your home’s resale value as it directly affects your home’s curb appeal. That’s why a metal roof is a viable option for West Lake Hills homeowners; it is both functional and attractive.
What is a metal roof?
Metal roofs can be constructed from various materials, each of which has benefits and drawbacks.
- Aluminum is a lightweight metal that boasts a high strength-to-weight ratio. It is easily recycled and is widely available. Aluminum resists rusting, so it is a great option for coastal areas. However, it can be prone to denting.
- Zinc is a bluish-white metal that does not contain iron. It is extracted from the earth and has a low toxicity level. Zinc will not perform well in climates that experience large temperature swings.
- Steel is an alloy that contains at least 10.5% chromium. It is available in various finishes and offers a timeless look to any structure. Steel roofs require adequate drainage as standing water may cause rust.
- Copper is a reddish-orange specialty metal that develops a greenish patina over time. This eye-catching metal is frequently used as a roof accent. The run-off from a copper roof can stain surrounding features such as brick, siding, or concrete.
There are three major styles of metal roofs.
- Metal shingles are made by pressing metal sheets into shapes that resemble 3-tab shingles, wood shakes, or cedar shingles. They usually feature a granule covering that disguises the telltale metallic shine.
- Standing seam panels use concealed fasteners. The upturned edge of one panel connects to the adjacent panel, creating vertical seams that run the length of the roof.
- Corrugated panels are metal sheets that have been roll formed to create wavy panels. Corrugated panels are attached directly to the roof bed using an open fastener system which makes for a quicker installation.
What are the benefits of a metal roof?
- Resiliency Metal provides superior protection from hurricane-force winds, hail, and fire. A metal roof is also impervious to insect damage and rot. Once installed, a metal roof requires little maintenance and will last for at least 50 years.
- Energy efficiency A metal roof will reflect the hot Texas sun off your West Lake Hills home and effectively lower your energy bills.
- Versatility A metal roof can be manufactured using various materials and styles. Metal can be formed to resemble other roofing materials, so you can enjoy the benefits of a metal roof while retaining a traditional look for your home.
Choosing a roof that is right for your budget and the West Lake Hills climate is important. Not only can Rhino Roofers help you choose the best option for your home, but our talented team can also provide a seamless installation of any metal roof style. Contact us today to get started!