Professional Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Round Rock
Is your Round Rock home’s roof in dire need of repairs, or does it need to be replaced altogether? Are you trying to decide on the best roofing material for your home based on your budget? In Central Texas, asphalt shingle roofs are the most popular types used by homeowners.
About Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Four major components are used when manufacturing asphalt shingles for roofing. Each material works in conjunction with the others to offer you a low-cost option for keeping your home secure from the outdoor elements:
- Fiberglass – A thin fiberglass mat is added to the asphalt to reinforce the shingles
- Asphalt – A fine, powdery mineral is added to the fiberglass to make the shingles more resistant to harsh weather and fire
- Granules – Reflective granules can be crushed, screened, and added to increase sun and heat reflection
- Sealant – An application of thermally activated asphalt sealant helps keep the shingles together and bound on the home’s roof
Types of Asphalt Shingles
We currently offer the following three types of asphalt shingle roofing materials:
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles – Each shingle is cut to look like three pieces. This is a great option for an energy-efficient roof.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles – Helps gives your roof more color and dimension. This option has twice the life expectancy of 3-tab types. Choose a reflective version to lower the cost of cooling your home.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles – This luxury-style choice includes cedar and slate roofing. Offers high-end roofing at an affordable price.
Pros and Cons of Asphalt Roofing
Some of the benefits of asphalt shingle roofing include:
- Cost – High-quality, affordable roofing material for Round Rock homes
- Variety – Offers homeowners a range of styles and colors, with some resembling high-end materials
- Simple Repairs – When replacing shingles, colors are matched as easily as mixing paint
Some of the disadvantages of asphalt shingles for roofs include:
- Vulnerable – When Round Rock suffers from high winds or temperatures or other extreme weather conditions, heavy debris or hail may crack shingles
- Shorter Lifespan – Because of its lightweight, some other roofing materials offer longer life expectancies
Replacing Shingle Roofs
The life expectancy of roofing shingles made of asphalt is 20-50 years, depending on the material chosen. This improves when installed professionally, and maintenance guidelines are followed. Simple replacements and repairs are sufficient for minor issues.
However, the issues need to be addressed immediately for many damaged or missing shingles, multiple leaks and other major roof damage. In these cases, or if the life expectancy or warranty is nearing the end, it’s best to remove the old roof and install a new one.
Call Us for Fast, Professional Asphalt Shingle Service
Have questions about the process of roof installation? Our team of experts is here to help you get the answers you need. Watch our video on new roof installs to get answers to most of your questions.
Still have concerns about when and why you may need a complete roof installation? Contact us online to book a free roof inspection for your Round Rock home today.