5 Star Pflugerville Metal Roofing Company
Your roof is the most important part of your house. Not only does it protect everything inside your home, but it’s also a major part of your home’s curb appeal! Investing in a quality roof is vital to keep you and your family safe from wind, rain, sleet, and heat. If you want a durable and beautiful roof, you need Rhino Roofers! With our 130 years of industry experience and exceptional customer service, we can provide Pflugerville homeowners with any of their roofing needs.
What is a metal roof?
Metal roofs are made from various materials, including steel, zinc, copper, and aluminum. The three main styles utilize:
- Metal Shingles. Metal shingles combine the performance of metal with the contemporary look of asphalt shingles. They are a great choice for homeowners who want to retain their home’s classic look.
- Standing Seam Panel. In this system, metal roof panels are fastened with hidden clips or side flanges for an exceptionally seamless and modern profile.
- Corrugated Metal. A roof made with corrugated metal panels can be installed quickly as it uses an exposed fastener system. The natural shape of the panels gives them a structural advantage over standing seam panels.
Is a Metal Roof the Right Choice for My Home?
Metal roofs have several significant advantages, including:
- Durability. Even though a metal roof is more lightweight than other roof types, it is incredibly durable. It is naturally resistant to damage from insects, mold, or fire. It’s also less likely to be damaged during high winds.
- Smaller environmental footprint. A metal roof is made with at least 25% recycled material. Plus, the metal roof can be fully recycled at the end of its life.
- Longevity. A metal roof is one of the longest-lasting roofing options. With minimal maintenance, it can last for over 50 years.
- Superior heat conduction. Instead of absorbing heat and UV rays, a metal roof can reflect up to 80% of the sun’s rays! In a sunny Texas city like Pflugerville, this will quickly translate into lower energy bills.
It’s also important to also consider the potential disadvantages of a metal roof for your home, which include:
- Installation cost. Metal roofs require special skills and equipment to install correctly, which means a higher upfront cost. If you plan to live in your home for many more years, it can be a great long-term investment as a metal roof may be the last one you ever need!
- Occasional noise. The sound of falling rain or hail on a metal roof can be quite loud. Adding more insulation can reduce this, but that will also contribute to a more expensive installation.
Rhino Roofers is the Pflugerville Contractor You Can Trust
At Rhino Roofers, we know what it takes to complete a job correctly the first time. We provide the very best experience in new construction or repair because customer satisfaction is always our top priority! Contact us today if you have any further questions regarding a metal roof for your home!