Professional Leander Asphalt Shingle Installation
In the greater Austin area, Leander is becoming one of the more popular places to live. That’s why it’s important to consider how investing in your roof will help care for your home or business. Choosing the right shingle that balances durability, affordability, and style ensures that your building stays protected for years to come.
What are Asphalt Shingles?
Asphalt shingles are flat, rectangular roofing materials with a fiberglass backing and an asphalt adhesive. This adhesive keeps the granules in place, offering another layer of protection. It’s also what gives your roof a particular color!
There are three types of asphalt shingles to choose from:
- 3-Tab Asphalt Shingles: This type of shingle is flat and uniform in size and shape. This is the cheapest and least durable option available.
- Architectural Shingles: Also known as dimensional shingles, this type of shingle is about 50% heavier than the 3-tab, offering a bit more dimensionality to a roof, which may enhance the curb appeal of your building.
- Luxury Shingles: These are the highest-quality laminated shingles available. They do more than offer supreme weathering protection. They also offer the sought-after look of old-world wood shake and quarried slate roofing.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingles
Are you looking to upgrade your building? A new roof is an excellent way to invest in your Leander home or business. Are asphalt shingles right for you? Here are a few things to keep in mind while deciding:
- Popularity: Asphalt Shingles are a popular choice. In fact, they are the most popular choice not only in Texas but the entire United States! Their popularity is due to their balance between durability and affordability while still offering a good look to a property.
- Product Flexibility: Did you know several products can be added to enhance your new asphalt shingles? Depending on your unique situation, you can add better hail shielding or a shingle that fights algae growth. You can also try color technologies that reflect the sun to reduce the overall cost of air conditioning.
- Age: Asphalt shingles eventually need replacement. Most expire after 20 to 50 years. If this is a problem, longer-lasting roofing options might be better.
- Weather: While durable, extreme weather may decrease the lifespan of asphalt shingles. The 3-tab, for instance, is most vulnerable to strong winds. However, all asphalt shingles have the potential to crack under extreme fluctuations in weather.
Replacing Your Roof
If you notice any water damage in your home or business, visibly see damage to your current roof, or know that it has been a while since your shingles have last been replaced, it may be time to give us a call. A professionally inspected, maintained, and installed roof will help ensure the longevity of your home or business.
At Rhino Roofers, we want to continue to help make Leander a beautiful place to live. We offer various roofing services, including our five-star inspection, maintenance, and installation services. If your Leander building needs new asphalt shingles, call today for a free inspection!