Professional Lakeway Metal Roofing
While looking into roof replacement, most Lakeway homeowners will automatically choose asphalt shingles. While an affordable option, there are roofing materials other than asphalt that deserve the same consideration. With upgraded protection and unique style, metal roofing could be an excellent option for your home.
A Better Material for Lakeway Homes
It may seem self-explanatory, but metal roofing is made of, well, metal. It comes in a few different types of materials and styles. Compared to asphalt shingles, metal roofing helps you get decades out of your roofing investment.
With metal roofing, your new roof can do more for your home. It has reflective properties that add to its appeal and increase insulation. The added insulation often saves energy and wear and tear on your HVAC system, keeping what would usually be repair money in your bank account.
Unique Styles and Structures
Metal roofing comes in three common materials. With varying colors and unique properties, each will be a good fit for the right home. Here are some you and your contractor may consider.
- Aluminum: Highly reflective and lightweight, aluminum roofing is the most common option. While it is the most cost-effective metal, it still offers tons of temperature regulation and impact protection.
- Copper: Copper’s trendy color and flexibility give it an unbeatable style. It can be molded into unique shapes and styles. Its high durability and distinctive look make it a popular choice.
- Steel: Steel is expensive but offers all of the benefits you’ll get from aluminum and copper; plus, it just needs a little rain to slough off any dirt and debris.
In addition to materials, you’ll need to consider the different styles available for your new metal roof. The structure you choose largely depends on your home and what you want to get out of your new roof. Here are the most common metal roofing styles.
- Corrugated: Corrugated roofing is corrosion-resistant and great for homeowners looking for protection from water damage.
- Standing-Seam: Interlocking panels like snap lock, mechanical lock, and batten options give more protection than corrugated roofing.
- Metal Shingles: If you love the look of shingles but want an upgrade, metal shingles are a great option.
Considering the Upgrade
Changing to a metal roof is an expensive decision. However, it comes with positives. These are some of the benefits you’ll experience by making the switch.
- Safety: Your metal roof protects your home from fires, impact, and severe weather.
- Curb Appeal: Metal roofs increase resale value.
- Sustainability: Your new metal roof is made of recycled materials and can be recycled at the end of its life.
- Longevity: Metal can last decades longer than asphalt.
- Lower Costs: Insulation and impact protection save on repairs and lower energy bills.
Make sure you’re partnering with a Lakeway roofing company that gives you the quality you deserve. The top-rated team at Rhino Roofers has been in the business for years, with over a century of combined experience. Their knowledge and dedication to customer service make them a great choice for any metal roof. Get in touch today for a free 37-point inspection and consultation.