Cedar Park Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Cedar Park was named one of the best small towns in the United States for a reason. It mixes the best parts of small-town life with ample opportunity for growth, making it attractive for families. While the suburb might give you the ideal mix of industry and simplicity, it still experiences central Texas hailstorms and high winds. This is where choosing a quality roofing material comes into play.
You’ll find shingles on top of most Cedar Park homes, but have you ever considered how shingles are constructed? Shingles typically have three layers. A strong adhesive marries a sturdy fiberglass mat and colored granules. Together, they make a roofing material that is durable and affordable. There are typically three styles of shingles:
- Three-Tab Shingles: A flat sheet mimicking the look of three individual shingles, this option is quick to install and the most affordable roofing material.
- Architectural Shingles: With more dimension and protection, many homeowners choose architectural shingles for their higher durability and attractive look.
- Premium Shingles: If you want to make your home stand out, premium shingles can give homeowners the luxury look of slate or shake at a lower price.
Making the Best Choice for Your Home
Every home has its own needs. When you’re looking into replacing your roof, it’s important to consider every option, even when it comes to roofing material. Most homeowners see shingles as the default; however, there are still some positive and negative aspects to a shingled roof.
- With so much color variety, it is easy to find one that will be attractive with your home’s exterior.
- Shingles are the most affordable roofing material.
- A shingled roof will give your home proper insulation
- Shingles don’t give the same luxury look as other materials.
- They have less impact, fire, and water resistance than tougher materials and require more upkeep.
- Like every roof, shingled roofs will need eventual replacement.
Signs Your Shingles Need Help
A roof replacement can seem like a homeowner’s worst nightmare. It is an expensive, disruptive process; but if you know the signs, you can prepare for your roof replacement ahead of time. Here are some signs that your roof is ready to be replaced.
- The seal has broken between your roof and the flashing, creating rusty areas.
- Moisture is trapped in your shingles, allowing algae, mold, and fungi to grow.
- You see dark stains on your interior walls, indicating water damage. You may also experience interior leaks during storms.
- There is visible rot, sagging, or buckling on your roof.
- Your current roof is at or near 20 years of age.
You’ll want to keep your Cedar Park home in great shape, so you can enjoy your home worry-free. Finding a trustworthy roofer is an important part of building confidence in your home’s structure. Work with Rhino Roofers, who can bring over 130 years of combined experience to your home. Schedule a free 37-point inspection online to get started on upgrading your roof.