5 Star Cedar Park Roof Replacement Company
Sudden, catastrophic damage to the roof of your Cedar Park home can feel intimidating and overwhelming to fix. While repairs and regular inspections can keep your roof in decent shape, unexpected damage or age can catapult your roof into issues that can no longer be fixed with a speedy repair. When your roof reaches the end of its lifespan, it’s time to look into roof replacement.
How to Tell If You Need a Roof Replacement
When people think of roof damage, many might imagine a huge impact from falling branches or severe weather conditions that cause massive damage. However, some signs that you’re on your way to a roof replacement aren’t quite as obvious. Looking at your home’s interior and exterior, here are some signs that your roof needs to be replaced.
- Algae or fungi growth: Seeing green patches of moss or even fungi making a home on your roof indicates excess moisture.
- Catastrophic damage: Whether weather- or accident-related, massive physical damage typically results in a roof replacement.
- Leaks: When you have water dripping from your ceiling, it is a tell-tale sign that your roof has been compromised.
- Warped roofing: Buckling or sagging, especially around chimneys and skylights, means water has gotten below your shingles.
- Loose granules: When granules from your shingles fall into your gutters or on the ground, your roof is likely deteriorating.
- Increased energy bills: If your roof isn’t in good condition, it may lose its insulating properties and increase your energy bills.
- Age: Most roofing will last around 20 years. If your roof is nearing that age, you’ll want to start planning for a replacement.
When you discover any of these signs, you’ll want to start working with a professional Cedar Park roofing contractor. They will be able to guide you through the process and use their advanced equipment to discover the true scale of your roofing issues. Their recommendations will typically be the best course of action.
Living Through a Roof Replacement
If your contractor has recommended a roof replacement, you’ll want to be prepared for all the disruptions that can come with it. While roof replacement has a great outcome that should benefit your family for years to come, it does come with some drawbacks. Let’s examine the pros and cons of going through a roof replacement.
- A new roof increases curb appeal by 40% and increases your property value.
- Replacement fixes any unseen issues.
- An older roof in poorer condition will likely need more repairs.
- A new roof comes with a fresh warranty.
- Your life will be disturbed, and you may need to temporarily relocate.
- Replacement takes longer than repair.
- A new roof is expensive.
A new roof is a huge financial commitment, so you’ll want to work with the best team possible. Rhino Roofers is Cedar Park’s premier roofing company. Our team has over 130 years of combined experience and knows local homeowners’ unique challenges. If you’re ready to get started on a roof replacement, book a free 37-point inspection with one of our qualified roofing contractors.