5 Star Buda Metal Roofing Services
Nothing can provide better protection to your home than a sturdy, well-constructed roof. But it can be challenging to select the best roofing option for your home and find a dependable roofing contractor. The solution is Rhino Roofers! We are a 5-star central Texas company with a proven track record of providing our customers with reliable communication, quality workmanship, and outstanding customer service.
What is Metal Roofing?
A metal roof is made using steel, zinc, copper, and aluminum. The three main styles utilize metal shingles, standing seam panels, or corrugated metal.
- Metal shingles are similar to asphalt shingles and can offer your home a more classic look. They can be painted in a variety of colors and be cut to resemble other types of shingles, such as cedar, slate, or asphalt.
- Standing seam panels are installed with concealed fasteners, protecting them from UV, moisture, and other elements. This style will give your home a sleek, uniform look.
- Corrugated metal is panels of the classically wavy corrugated metal connected to the roof deck using exposed fasteners. These panels have a high strength-to-weight ratio and are resistant to buckling and warping.
Is a Metal Roof Right for my Home?
Metal roofs have become an increasingly popular choice for homeowners in recent years. They offer several advantages as they are:
- Lightweight. A metal roof weighs less than both asphalt shingles and clay tiles. If Buda building codes allow, a metal roof can actually be installed over existing asphalt shingles, reducing the installation cost.
- Resilient. A metal roof won’t rot, crack, crumble, break, or burn. This means fewer repair costs over the life of your roof!
- Ecofriendly. A metal roof is 100% recyclable at the end of its usable life. It’s also an ideal platform for integrating renewable energy solutions such as solar panels.
- Energy efficient. A metal roof can reflect up to 80% of the sun’s energy from being absorbed. In a sunny Texas community like Buda, this can mean big savings on your home’s energy bill!
- Customizable. Metal roofs are available in a wide variety of styles and colors.
- Long-lasting. A metal roof can last up to 50+ years if properly installed.
Metal roofs can provide many benefits, but they aren’t the right fit for every home. Some potential disadvantages include:
- Expensive installation. It’s essential to install a metal roof correctly so you can enjoy all of its benefits. This requires special skills and equipment, so the initial installation of a metal roof is greater than other roof types.
- Noise. Rain or hail can be noisier on a metal roof. This noise can be reduced with added insulation to your roof deck, but this should be done during installation, so it will add to your upfront cost.
Ready for Metal Roofing? Get Started with Rhino
We promise to deliver a unique customer experience to the members of the Buda community. We will use the highest quality materials to build a roof that will last for decades. Contact us today to get started!