Barton Creek Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a durable option for your Barton Creek home. With unbeatable protection, this hardy material offers style and durability in a way that no other material can match. Let’s explore some of the reasons metal roofing is so special.
The Basics of Metal Roofing
Metal is a high-quality roofing material that’s uniquely suited to the Barton Creek climate. With the heavy winds, hailstorms, and rain, central Texas homeowners must carefully consider their roofing choices. Long considered the gold standard of roofing materials, a metal roof often guarantees decades of safety and style.
In addition to its protective quality, metal roofing can be customized to make your home stand out in a sea of asphalt. A unique choice with lots of curb appeal, metal roofing offers substance and style. Metal roofing comes in three common styles.
- Corrugated: The most common style of metal roofing, corrugated roofing directs water away from your home.
- Standing-Seam: The three styles of interlocking seams (snap lock, mechanical locks, and batten panels) are each suited to different climates.
- Metal Shingles: This style replicates traditional shingles while offering the safety, durability, and fire protection you get from metal roofing.
What Metal Roofing is Made of
When looking into a metal roof, you’ll need to choose the right material. There are three common materials for metal roofing: aluminum, copper, and steel. While your contractor is your best source of information, here are some considerations to consider as you look into a metal roof.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is reflective and lightweight, so it’s an excellent choice for helping control the temperature of Texan homes. It is also the most affordable option for a metal roof.
- Copper: Copper roofing has a distinctive look and unbeatable curb appeal. It is often considered a step up from aluminum because it is more durable. It is also a bit more flexible, so it can be shaped to look like various other materials.
- Steel: Steel is the hardiest of all metal roofing materials and is virtually impact resistant. It is weatherproof and self-cleaning—it just needs one rain, and all of the debris sloughs off.
A Winning Roofing Materal
Investing in a metal roof is a great way to keep your home safe. With a high standard of durability, metal roofing will save money by eliminating the repairs or replacements you might get with traditional asphalt roofing. Your metal roof can last as long as your home is standing.
Metal roofing is also great for the environment. It saves energy and HVAC costs with its unique temperature-regulating ability. This roofing is also usually made of recycled materials and can be recycled upon removal.
Barton Creek homes deserve the best in roofing and roofers. When you’re ready to invest in a roof, metal or not, choose a company that cares. With over 130 years of experience in roofing, our trusted contractors are ready to work with you. Get in touch with us to schedule a free 37-point inspection and learn what we can do for you.