Leon Valley Asphalt Shingle Roofing Installation
Roof shingles are an essential part of most Leon Valley homes. They channel water off the roof, protecting your family from the elements. They are a popular roofing option; however, many homeowners still want to learn more about them. It’s common to wonder what they are, whether they’re a good roofing choice, and how to know when they need replacement.
What Are Roof Shingles?
Shingles, flat or curved pieces of overlapping roofing material, vary in material, weight, durability, color, and style.
There are three main types of shingles:
- 3-tab or Strip Shingles. These lay quite flat and can give the impression of slate. Their affordability and light weight make them a popular choice for homeowners.
- Dimensional Shingles. Sometimes known as “architectural shingles,” dimensional shingles are multi-layered, offering a three-dimensional look.
- Luxury Shingles. These long-lasting shingles are often made from a blend of materials, making them heavier and more durable than other shingle types.
Shingles can be made from different materials, depending on the homeowner’s preferences. Before deciding on shingle type or material, find a trustworthy Leon Valley roofing contractor to help you navigate the many available options.
Are Shingles Right for Your Roof?
Before contacting a shingle roofing contractor, it may be helpful to consider a few pros and cons of shingle roofing. While shingle roofs are a great investment (and a popular one), they have some drawbacks.
- Shingles are lightweight and uniform, requiring less time and specialized training to install, which saves you money on labor.
- Shingles are fire-resistant, keeping you and your family safe.
- Shingles come in several colors, materials, and styles to increase your home’s curb appeal.
- Mildew can be a problem in rainy areas. However, an annual inspection (which is a good idea anyway) can ensure your roof stays clean of any mold or mildew.
- It’s not the most energy-efficient option. Some homeowners choose metal roofs due to their high energy efficiency.
Replacing Shingled Roofs
Shingled roofs are durable and long-lasting. If well-maintained, they can often last up to 25-30 years. However, they may need to be repaired occasionally and eventually will need to be replaced. By staying on guard against signs of damage, homeowners can ensure they get the most years out of their shingle roof.
However, if your roof is more than 15 years old and showing signs of damage, it may be time to replace it. Important signs of damage to watch for include sagging, water damage, moss growing on the roof, and patches of missing shingles. If you notice any of these signs, contact a Leon Valley shingle roofing contractor to help you assess your options.
Leon Valley’s #1 Asphalt Shingle Roofing Company
Rhino Roofers is the foremost Leon Valley roofing company for a good reason. We value customer service and satisfaction above all else. We offer a variety of options for shingle replacement and repair to meet your needs and budget. Call us today for a free consultation!