One of the most important decisions you can make when replacing or building a new roof is what shingle color you’d like to use. While structural choices are vital in replacing your roof, style, and color can be just as important. Asphalt shingles come in many colors that can give your home character. The right color match can add curb appeal to your home and give it a unique style.
Looking at Your Roofing Options
When looking at new shingles, you’ll want to make sure you bring samples out into natural light and hold them up to your home’s exterior to get the best possible read on the color. Let’s look at some of the factors designers consider when choosing the right color of roof shingles.
- Contrast: Most homes look great with some contrast. For lighter exteriors, dark shingles give the home a striking look and vice versa.
- HOA compliance: If your homeowner’s association has restrictions, you’ll want your new shingles to follow them.
- Home style: When a home has an architectural style, your shingles should match it.
Some Common Shingle Pairings
While it is ultimately a personal preference, some common pairings exist between home exteriors and shingled roofing. These are tried and true staples. Here are some common home colors and their typical shingle choices.
- White Siding: black, gray, brown, blue, green
- Gray Siding: dark gray, black, blue, green, white
- Red Brick: dark brown, black, gray, green
- Brown or Wood: gray, green, brown, blue
Rhino Roofers has an experienced team that’s ready to guide you through any of your roofing decisions. With over a century of combined experience, let one of our experienced contractors be your guide as you improve your home’s safety and increase your curb appeal. Get in touch today for a free 37-point inspection.