Recognizing signs of storm damage on your roof can save you from costly repairs down the line. If you’re unsure whether your roof has sustained storm damage, you’re not alone. This post aims to help you identify indicators of roof storm damage and what steps to take next.
Let’s dive right in and explore the six main signs that your roof may have been damaged during a storm in Austin, TX:
1. Missing or Damaged Shingles: After a strong wind storm, it’s common to find missing shingles on your roof. Look for dark spots where the shingles have torn away, exposing the asphalt mat below. Cracked, dented, or curled shingles are also signs of potential damage.
2. Granules in Gutters: If your gutters are filled with granules from your roof shingles after a storm, it’s a clear signal that your roof has suffered damage. These granules protect the shingles from sun damage, and their absence leaves the shingles vulnerable to further weather damage.
3. Leaks Inside the House: Don’t overlook internal signs of damage. Leaks or damp spots on your ceilings or walls could indicate that the storm has compromised your roof, allowing water to infiltrate your home. Look out for yellow or brown spots, bubbling paint, drips around light fixtures, or the sound of dripping water.
4. Hail Damage on Shingles: Hailstorms can leave dents or bruises on your shingles, leading to severe damage. These small dark spots on the shingle surface can be hard to detect from the ground. Hail damage displaces shingle granules, reducing UV protection and causing early deterioration. Subtle tears in the shingle mat can also lead to leaks over time.
5. Damaged Flashing: Storm damage often affects the flashing around vents, skylights, or chimneys. Torn or dislodged flashing is a clear indication of roof damage, which can cause roof leaks. Degraded sealants can also lead to separations and water infiltration.
6. Clogged Gutters: If heavy debris accompanied the storm, your gutters may be clogged. This suggests that your roof may have suffered damage and requires an assessment. Clogged gutters can result from tree debris or loose roofing materials that have ended up in the gutters.
To ensure your roof’s longevity and prevent further damage, it’s crucial to contact a professional roofing company at the first sign of these indicators. At Rhino Roofers in Austin, TX, our dedicated team conducts thorough assessments and offers suitable repair solutions tailored to your needs.
Rest assured, both homeowners and commercial building owners in Austin, TX can trust us to provide exceptional roofing and gutter services. Don’t delay in reaching out to Rhino Roofers if you suspect storm damage to your roof.