Castroville Asphalt Shingle Roofing Company
A shingled roof is an American icon. More than 80% of homes in the United States are built with asphalt shingles because they are affordable and can withstand years of wear and tear. While you’re likely familiar with the look of a shingled roof, do you know what makes them such an excellent option for many homes, including most in Castroville? Let’s explore.
The Anatomy of Shingled Roofing
While there are different kinds of shingles, most are made with the same three basic ingredients. A typical shingle will start with a sturdy fiberglass mat that protects your home or business from the elements. This is covered with an asphalt adhesive that attaches to the colored granules.
Common types of shingles:
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: As the most common shingle, this style consists of strips cut to look like three individual shingles.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Architectural asphalt shingles provide added curb appeal and protection. This type is becoming more popular.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: These shingles get you the look of higher-end roofing materials like cedar or slate at asphalt shingle pricing.
Asphalt Shingle Options for Your Castroville Home
Though the standard choice for most housing, shingled roofing has some benefits and drawbacks. If you’re looking for an alternative roof style, you might want to look beyond shingles.
- Shingled roofing can offer great fire protection.
- Your roof can be customized for style and color.
- You can’t beat the affordability of a shingled roof.
- Repairs can be easier and less expensive.
- Shingles are less impact resistant than materials like metal.
- A shingled roof is more vulnerable to water and storm damage than roofing made from higher-end materials.
- Unlike other materials, a shingled roof may have a shorter shelf life and will likely need a replacement every 20 years.
Do Your Shingles Need Replacement?
A roof needs to withstand a lot of wear and tear, and that’s especially true in Central Texas towns like Castroville. Heavy hailstorms and intense winds can irrevocably compromise your roof. While most roofing should last between 20-50 years, replacement will always be an eventuality.
When looking into roof replacement, there are a few warning signs you can keep in mind. The most obvious sign that your roof is ready for replacement is visible damage. This could be storm damage or gradual wear and tear. You’ll also want to look at the interior of your home, checking carefully for water damage on your walls or ceilings. No matter what you find, the best way to figure out if your roof is ready to be replaced is to request an inspection from a roofing company.
Call Rhino Roofers for Asphalt Shingle Installation in Castroville, TX
No matter what type of roofing you’re looking for, Rhino Roofer’s team of experts has the knowledge and experience to help you find the right solutions to your roofing issues. Our Castroville team has over 130 years of combined experience and is committed to providing you with the best customer care along the way. Get in touch today for a free inspection.