San Antonio’s Leading Asphalt Shingle Roofers
A 5-star experience for you and your roof!
The Top-Rated Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services in San Antonio
Asphalt shingle roofs are the most popular roofing choice in San Antonio. They’re sturdy, reliable, and affordable. With asphalt shingles, you’ll have many styles and color options to choose from. Whether you have a specific color in mind or want to mimic another roofing style, we’ll find the perfect fit for your home.
Rhino Roofers is the San Antonio roofing contractor you can depend on. We’re here to answer any questions you may have and to help narrow down options that will work best for your home and your budget. Our team is the best of the best — you’ll be thrilled with your new roof.
Call us today at (210) 361-7663 to schedule a free consultation. Learn more about our asphalt roofing services and all the options available for your home. We also specialize a variety of roofing system from metal to tile roofing.
Brands We Work With
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Three-tab shingles are the most common of asphalt shingles, classified by their cutouts which make them look like three separate pieces. They’re affordable, lightweight, easy to maintain, energy efficient, and are a solid roofing option.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
For more color options and dimension to your roof, architectural shingles are a great choice. They enhance curb appeal and also have double the lifespan of three-tab shingles. You’ll often find reflective versions of architectural shingles that help with lowering cooling costs in the summer.
Premium Asphalt Shingles
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordable: Asphalt shingles provide a quality roof at the lowest price tag, making them a no-brainer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, you can have a great roof that doesn’t break the bank.
- Style Variety: There is an array of color and style options to choose from with asphalt shingles. Depending on your budget, you can even choose shingles that look like other materials.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple, cost effective, and straight-forward to install. Like paint, you can color match your shingles, even if they are discontinued. As long as you find a roofer who knows that they’re doing, your roof can last over 20 years!
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Shortest Lifespan: Out of all the roofing options out there, asphalt shingle roofs have the shortest lifespan of at least 20 years. Homeowners who plan on staying in their homes for more than 20 years will likely have to budget for a roof replacement at some point.
- Susceptible to Weather and Impact: Shingles can easily crack from impact, including hail or heavy debris blowing around in high winds. Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can also cause warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Shingle Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in San Antonio?
The average cost of a roof in our area is around $12,500 for a 3500 square foot roof. The final cost of your project will ultimately depend on the type of asphalt shingles you choose for your home, as well as the size of your house.
What are the most popular types of shingle roofs in San Antonio?
Architectural shingles have become more popular as they are more visually appealing than three-tab shingles and have a longer lifespan.