Professional Wimberley Asphalt Shingle Roofing
In Wimberley, the weather can be quite unpredictable. That weather can wreak havoc on your home, making it never the wrong time to think about the state of your roof. Choosing a durable, affordable, stylish shingled roof ensures your home stays protected for many years.
What are Asphalt Shingles?
Simply put, asphalt shingles are rectangular pieces of material that are flat with a fiberglass backing. An asphalt adhesive is applied to keep the granules in place. This gives a roof a particular color and offers another vital layer of protection.
There are three different types of asphalt shingles to choose from:
- 3-Tab: 3-Tab shingles are the cheapest and least durable option. They are flat and uniform in shape and size.
- Architectural: Architectural shingles are 50% heavier than 3-tab and, as you may have guessed, more durable! This type of shingle also adds some dimensionality to your roof, which may increase the curb appeal of your home . . . or at least look beautiful for the birds migrating to Wimberley for the winter.
- Luxury: As the highest-quality laminated shingle available, luxury shingles offer supreme protection against the elements while offering a beautiful old-world wood shake and quarried slate roofing look.
What are the Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingles?
While asphalt shingles are the most popular choice in America, it’s always important to make a decision that is right for you and your home. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Option Flexibility: There are a variety of different options to enhance the shingle of your choice. Want better hail shielding? What about a shingle that fights algae growth? Are you interested in color technologies that reflect the sun to reduce the cost of air conditioning? These enhancements can be applied to each of the three shingles mentioned above.
- Popularity: Asphalt shingles, compared to other roofing options, aren’t going to break the bank. This is why they are the most popular choice not just in Texas but the greater United States. If striking a balance between durability, affordability, and style is important to you, asphalt shingles are a great choice.
- Weather: Extreme fluctuations in temperature may cause asphalt shingles to crack earlier than expected. 3-tab shingles, for instance, are most vulnerable to strong winds, while architectural and luxury shingles offer more protection against extreme weather.
- Age: Most asphalt shingles need replacement after 20 to 50 years, depending on the shingle you choose. A slate roof, for context, is expected to last over 150 years.
Thinking of Replacing Your Roof?
If you are experiencing water damage in your home, see visible damage to your current roof, or if you know it’s been almost 20 years since your roof was last replaced, it may be time to call us. To ensure the longevity of your home, it’s essential to have your roof properly inspected, maintained, and installed by a professional.
At Rhino Roofers, we care about providing quality products and five-star services to the great people of Wimberley. Give us a call today for a free inspection!