Trusted Schertz Roof Replacement Company
Does your Schertz home have roof damage? If it’s minor, a professional can repair it for you in no time. However, if the damage is significant, you may need to replace it. When you need help deciding, Rhino Roofers can help you make the best choice.
Should You Replace Your Schertz Roof?
Replacing a few shingles on your roof is less time-consuming and costly than installing a new roof. But this isn’t always the best choice. Here are some reasons why you should choose a roof replacement instead:
- Older Roof – Experts suggest replacing your roof about five years before its lifetime mark. So, if your roof was guaranteed to last 25 years, you should replace it at the 20-year mark. Plus, older materials aren’t as durable as newer materials.
- Improper Installation – If your roof was installed using incorrect techniques or without proper ventilation, it may fail long before it’s supposed to. Replacing it now can save you a lot of heartache and stress later.
- Major Damage – A roof that suffers serious damage from hail, major winds, and tornados may not be repairable. Such damage may be so extensive that the roof needs to be completely replaced.
Pros and Cons of Roof Replacement
While your roof is being replaced, expect a lot of noise and inconvenience for 1-3 days, depending on how large the roof is. This should be expected; here are other pros and cons of getting a new roof.
Advantages of a professional roof replacement:
- Long-Term Costs – Shingles tend to loosen, fall off or become damaged over time. So, if you replace them, you may need to do it many times over the years. A roof replacement starts the clock over, giving you another 25+ years of protection.
- Functionality – Newer roofing materials are much more durable and are better at keeping outdoor elements at bay. Plus, most new roofs come with limited lifetime warranties.
- Curb Appeal – One of the most eye-catching improvements you can make to your home is to give it a brand-new roof. Plus, you can improve curb appeal by upgrading to more modern colors and styles.
Cons of roof replacement versus roof repair:
- Immediate Costs – Replacing a roof is much more expensive than making minor or moderate repairs if and when that’s all that is needed.
- Time – Minor repairs can take less than a couple of hours. On the other hand, it can take a few days to completely replace the roof.
Contact Rhino Roofers for Roof Replacement in Schertz, TX
You can inspect your roof for damage yourself without even using a ladder. Just step a few feet away from the structure and take a look at the roof. Missing shingles may need repairing. However, black spots could be an even bigger issue that may require replacing your roof.
Rhino Roofers offers Schertz homeowners free 37-point roof inspections conducted by honest experts. We will check it out thoroughly and let you know if it can be repaired effectively or should be replaced altogether. Give us a call or schedule your inspection online now.