Trusted Schertz Asphalt Shingle Roofing Service & Installation
When your Schertz home or building needs a new roof, you must decide on the best material based on budget and style. Rhino Roofers is here to help you understand the basics of shingle roofing and whether this is the best material for you.
What is a Shingle Roof?
Shingles are rectangular, flat pieces of material used for repairing or replacing old roofs or installing new ones. They are generally made from composite, asphalt, or other roofing materials. Professionals start at the base of the roof and continue applying upwards while overlapping them to cover the entire roof.
When it comes to asphalt shingles, there are three major types:
- 3-Tab Shingles – The most affordable option, designed to make each individual shingle look like three separate pieces. They are usually installed to lay flat against the installation of the roof itself.
- Architectural Shingles – These last longer and perform better. They are less uniform and much thicker, creating a much more dimensional look.
- Premium Shingles – If you’re looking for high-end, luxury-style roofing material, premium asphalt is an excellent choice for a slate or cedar roof. However, this option is a bit pricier.
Pros and Cons of Shingle Roofs
Here are some of the advantages of choosing asphalt shingles as roofing material:
- More Affordable – This is probably one of the most affordable roofing materials on the market. They’re great if you’re a business owner or homeowner on a budget looking to replace your current roof.
- Simple Installation – Shingles are lightweight and simple to cut, making installation a breeze. And since installation doesn’t require special tools and lots of prep work, the work can be completed fast.
- Curb Appeal – Shingles come in various styles, which makes them suitable for many buildings and home styles. Three-tab and laminated versions are quite popular in the Schertz area.
There are some of the disadvantages of using asphalt shingles for your roof:
- Less Longevity – They can become detached and are vulnerable to strong winds. Due to this, they don’t always last as long as more expensive roofing materials.
- Timing – During installation, shingles can become damaged during freezing temperatures. Installing them during the winter months is not recommended.
- Not Unique – Asphalt shingles are not exactly unique. Therefore, although they can improve curb appeal, your property won’t stand out because of them.
Replacing Shingle Roofs
The life expectancy of a brand-new asphalt roof is between 20-50 years, depending on the type of shingles you desire. Professional installation, regular maintenance, and routine professional inspections will help it last the longest.
If your roof is more than 20 years old or has significant damage, you should think about getting it replaced altogether. Repairing greatly damaged or older roofs is not a long-term solution.
Call Rhino Roofers for Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Schertz, TX
Rhino Roofers takes great pride in providing our Schertz customers with high-quality, five-star services. Whether you need your asphalt shingles repaired or replaced altogether, we are here to help. Give us a call for a free roofing inspection, or schedule a roof inspection online today!