5 Star Canyon Lake Asphalt Shingle Roofing Services
For most American homes, shingled roofing is an obvious choice. That’s why most communities like Canyon Lake are a sea of asphalt shingles. Striking the right balance between reasonable pricing and durable quality, it’s no wonder that shingles are so prevalent.
Asphalt Shingles: Reliable and Strong
Despite how common they are, most people don’t know what makes asphalt shingles a reliable choice. While a shingle seems like a single sheet, it actually contains three layers. A shingle starts with a fiberglass mat which gives it rigidity and strength. The mat is then coated in asphalt and covered with granules that offer waterproofing and unique color.
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: Three-tab shingles are the most common roofing material in the country because of their approachable pricing and durability.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Architectural shingles are a larger investment but are an excellent choice if you’re looking for an attractive look.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: One of the more expensive options for a shingled roof due to its unique, luxury architectural look.
Shingles Vs. Other Roofing Options
Even though they are prevalent, shingles aren’t your only option for roofing. Hardy, attractive materials like metal and tile can be great choices, though less common. Here are some of the benefits and drawbacks of choosing shingles over other types of roofing.
- Aesthetically, homeowners have a myriad of choices with shingles.
- Shingles are the perfect balance of great price and solid resistance to impact and severe weather.
- Trusted roofers for repairs are easier to find with materials as common as shingles.
- Fire protection and impact resistance have both been increased in modern shingles.
- While affordable, shingles don’t offer your home the same kind of protection as a high-end roofing material.
- Shingles can be more prone to water damage, potentially causing mold and mildew.
- It is a guarantee that a shingled roof will eventually need replacement.
Updating Your Roof
While the Canyon Lake area is famous for its water activities, you don’t want that water getting into your home. If you’re noticing damage, it might be time for a roof replacement. A roof tends to last about 20 years before needing to be replaced.
Roof Warning Signs
- Your roof has visible rot or is sagging.
- Your flashing is starting to be impacted, breaking the seal between it and your roof.
- You are seeing signs of water damage inside the home. (This looks like darker stains or spots and is typically found on walls or ceilings.)
- You are seeing moss, algae, or fungi growth on your roof. This indicates that the roof is trapping moisture, and water damage is likely to follow.
- The roof is nearing the end of its ~20-year lifespan.
Top Rated Shingled Roofing Services for Canyon Lake
For the best in shingled roofing, call the team at Rhino Roofers. We have a combined 130 years of experience and are ready to bring our expertise to your Canyon Lake home or business. Sign up for our free 37-point inspection to learn how to get the most out of your shingles.