Top Rated Cibolo Asphalt Shingle Roofing Company
Picture a roof in your mind. Is it gray? Is it sloped? Is it made out of repetitive, overlapping rectangles? You’ve likely pictured a standard shingled roof. Asphalt shingles are such a popular option that 80% of American homes in communities like Cibolo have chosen it as their roofing material.
Shingles aren’t just a flat sheet. They’re made of three layers, giving them their resilience to the elements. An asphalt shingle starts with a strong fiberglass mat, then layered with asphalt, which adheres colored granules to it. While they have the same ingredients, shingles aren’t all made equal.
Three Common Types of Shingles
- Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: These are the most commonly used type of shingle. These are sturdy, connected strips that look like three individual shingles.
- Architectural Asphalt Shingles: A step up from three-tab shingles, architectural asphalt shingles offer tons of curb appeal.
- Premium Asphalt Shingles: Premium shingles can mimic the look of high-end roofing material at a fraction of the cost.
Cibolo communities might be abundant with shingled roofing, but what if another option is right for your home? However, shingles aren’t necessarily the right fit for every property owner. A professional roofer can help you determine if shingles may or may not be suitable for you.
- Shingles are almost endlessly customizable.
- Compared to other roofing materials, shingles are both affordable and durable.
- There have been huge advances in fire protection in shingles.
- The prevalence of shingles makes finding roof repairs simple.
- Shingles offer less protection against weather and impact than a material like metal.
- The vulnerability of shingles means that weather damage has a slightly larger potential to spread to the rest of the home.
- Shingled roofs can be on a timeline. Every roof will need a replacement eventually.
Replacing Cibolo, TX Shingles
Eventually, heavy winds from the gorgeous Cibolo bluffs, severe storms, or wear and tear will take its toll on your roof. Sometimes roof repair comes unexpectantly, such as when roofing is damaged by a surprise storm or catastrophic event. Still, most roofing lasts about 20 years before a homeowner needs to consider replacement, but that replacement is an eventuality. Here are some warning signs that a replacement is coming soon.
- You’ve had catastrophic damage to your roof from severe weather or impact.
- You see loose, missing, or cracked shingles throughout your entire roof.
- There is visible algae growth on the exterior of your roofing.
- You are seeing dark spots of water damage around your HVAC system, walls, or ceilings.
- The roof is starting to sag due to water damage or rot.
- Your roof is older than 20 years.
Ready for a Better Roof? Contact Rhino Roofers
Take charge of your roof with the help of the experienced team at Rhino Roofers. Your Cibolo neighbors, Rhino Roofers knows how to install shingles that will withstand the elements and last for years. Call today for a free roof inspection and learn how Rhino can help preserve the safety of your home.